Signs of Hope and Resilience

Yesterday I rode my bike through the northwest corner of the city, and near the end of the ride I rolled down old Ballard Ave, which is filled with boarded up businesses (which I blogged about here).

I was delighted to see that most of the boarded up businesses have had their plywood painted with colorful artwork and hopeful messages! It really lifted my spirits to see it, and even though I know we will get through this and life will carry on, it finally started to feel real.

Nice to see some color coming back!

This is Studio RA and was the first business that I noticed getting boarded up


This artist was super happy and friendly, giving Percy's & Co a positive message

Nice to see the Tractor Tavern getting some love too

Yep, Filson has definitely seen some stuff over the years

Comments